Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pokemon 5th Generation Starters Revealed


After the long wait, the 5th generation Pokemon starters were revealed in CoroCoro, a magazine in Japan which features Pokemon. Also, here are some of additional details about Pokemon Black and White but not yet finally confirmed.

** The region appears to be called the Isshu Region (イッシュ)
** CoroCoro states that the protagonists are older than they have been so far

* The Grass Starter, Tsutaja (ツタージャ) is the Grass Snake Pokémon
* The Fire Starter, Pokabu (ポカブ)is the Fire Pig Pokémon
* The Water Starter, Mijumaru (ミジュマル) is the Sea Otter Pokémon
* Zoroark has an ability called Illusion (イリュージョン) which will allow it to transform into various Pokémon. How it differs from the move Transform remains to be seen.
* Two new attacks have been announced;
o A move called Trickery (イカサマ) seems to allow the attack to be calculated using the opponent's stats
o Another move called Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ) raises the user's Attack and Accuracy stats
* The special event activated by the special Raikou, Entei & Suicune given with the upcoming movie; Phantom Champion Zoroark has been detailled. In this event, when you bring the beasts (it is unclear if it's all three or just one)to the game, a special battle will occur. This battle is against a Level 25 Zoroark which will transform into the various Pokémon. At many points, it will break its transformation to allow you to capture it.

Source: www.serebii.net

I haven't played yet my SoulSilver version but this news excites me of what's ahead for Pokemon Black/White. Luckily it is included on the DS games list and I already had the console. I will be posting my blog about SoulSilver once I already played with it. I'm playing to start my game right after I finish Devil Survivor. For the meantime, I'm trying to catch Pokemon in my Pokewalker to help me in my SoulSilver game in the future =) That reminds me also to get the "Winner's Path" route in the Pokewalker Wi-Fi event! Gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, after I saw the news I forgot to come DIRECTLY to your blog. The Grass and fire starters have excellent potential for evolutions, but the sea otter thing KILLS me. I hate it. It's like a suckier Piplup.

    Anyway, I'm glad you finally got SoulSilver! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the otter is kinda cute..we just dont know their evolutions yet..well looks can be deceiving..we can only judge we have the game already..i'm excited to see the other new gen Pokemon heheh

    ReplyDelete