Thursday, January 28, 2010

Caite vs. Janina..the Q&A battle!

I just remembered putting this down because I'm totally excited for the next season of Amazing Race 16..in which one of the ladies featured in this post will be one of the contenders for the race around the world ($1 Million, baby!!!!)

I'm not a real fan of beauty pageants but I came across these two individuals who left us laughing after they were infamously titled as two among the many beauty queens who had "slipped their tongues" during their Q&A portion on their respective pageants. Meet Caitlin Upton of Miss Teen USA 2007 (4th Runner Up) vs. our very own Janina San Miguel (Miss Philippines World 2008).

Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss Teen USA 2007 for South Carolina

Aimee Teegarden (judge): "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?"

Caitlin: "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"


Janina San Miguel - Binibining Pilipinas World 2008

Vivienne Tan (judge): "What role did your family play for you as candidate to Binibining Pilipinas?"

Janina: "Well, my family's role for me is so important, because there was the wa-- they're, they was the one who's... very... haha... Oh I'm so sorry. Umm, my pamily... my family... Oh my God. I'm... Ok. I'm so sorry. I... I told you that I'm so confident. Eto, umm, wait... Hahahaha! Umm, sorry guys because this was really my pirst pageant ever, because I'm only 17 years old and... haha... I, I did not expect that I came from-- I came from one of the top 10. Hmmm. So... But I said dot my pamily is the most important persons [sic] in my life. Thank you."


I still prefer the latter, she was really caught off guard on this. It was just an easy question but then due to stage fright I guess..she couldn't. I remember the days where I religiously watch her on Youtube for the Q&A portion of the pageant. It was hilarious! Anyways, I'm rooting for Caitlin this time in Amazing Race 16 on AXN Asia this Feb 15. I better mark my calendar...

"I don't feel any pressure (long pause)...right now..." - Janina (LOL!) peace

No comments:

Post a Comment