Sunday, February 7, 2010

Earthly romance wins over sci-fi love story


Today is Super Bowl in the States. Other than that, it's the opening day for the movie "Dear John" and for the record..knocking off Avatar's no. 1 spot for seven weeks by a massive $32.4 million sales on its debut.

Dear John is a novel by Nicholas Sparks which tells a story of a young woman who fell in love with a soldier. They exchange letters until the soldier was deployed to war. The movie adaptation (of the same name) stars Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried. Dear John also set the record for the highest Super Bowl debut, which was previously set by Hannah Montana.

Even before it came at the movies, Dear John has always been a talk about people at work. I remember Iman, my colleague, included "Dear John" (the book) in his wishlist and he got it from Tim. Lunette, my supervisor, already read the book for quite some time and informed us that it is a good book to read. But I still have to decide whether to buy the book or not..I think I have to watch the movie first instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment