Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The new "MTV"


MTV had been one of my favorite cable channels since I was a kid. I usually watch the Hitlist every Saturday as well as Triple Play and Most Wanted..if you can still remember. Now lately I have been wondering why our local Sky Cable changed Channel 44 to Fox TV, considering MTV is one of the most watched channels in cable TV. Well my inquiry had been answered.

MTV or Music Television was launched August 1st 1981which its original purpose is to play music videos while guided by on-air hosts called VJs or video jocks (contrary to DJs). We all know that lately MTV had been featuring short reality series (The Hills, Paris Hilton's My New BFF, My Super Sweet 16 and its Exiled version, many to mention) and only a limited number of featured music videos (Playlist, for example). Because of this transition, I guess the management decided to later changed the logo itself, deleting the words "Music Television" from the original
logo. and some were even commercialized with some of the familiar faces of the new and inproved MTV channel. Here's one example, it's Snookie of Jersey Shore, one of MTV's shows..mor like Boob TV to me..LOL


Well I think I would stick up with MYX Philippines and Channel V this time. Those Korean beats are somehow becoming catchy to listen to...hehehe

FYI: The first music to be played in MTV is "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment