Thursday, February 11, 2010

I still love Taylor Swift..



I was reading the Yahoo! news last night and I felt sad about the critics on Taylor Swift. yeah she is one of the best singers around, winning a number of Grammy's this year and surprisingly finishing the Philippine charts with the number 1 song (her song) "Love Story" for 2009. After all the fame and glory, I think people had found Taylor's waterloo..and that is in acting.

Taylor Swift received negative reviews on her acting debut on "Valentine's Day". This is quoted from Yahoo! news:

"Some teen viewers may be drawn by the lure of the two Taylors, but their time onscreen together arguably reps the film's low point," writes Variety's Todd McCarthy regarding Swift's performance alongside onetime boyfriend Taylor Lautner. "Swift, especially, seems entirely undirected, as she jumps around, makes faces and jabbers on inanely. If she's to have a film career, she needs to find a skilled director to tamp her down and channel her obviously abundant energy."

Well, I say give her a break. Not everyone is perfect. But I think this is good for her..considering these are all constructive criticism. but what I hate about the news is the last part saying - "Looks like Swift could really use another sympathy-grabbing interruption. Paging Kanye West!" - because I think Kanye is a dumbass last MTV VMA..

I still love Taylor Swift and wanted to see her more on movies and of course in the music industry. I still haven't watched Valentine's Day but will definitely have it on my movies-to-watch list.. hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment